Groups In Action
Eagle Hill Disc Golf Club
- The club sponsors disc golf mini-tournaments, tournaments and other events to have fun, while promoting the sport. They are excited that a new course is under construction by the city in park land near McAlester Regional Hospital. Club members can also direct you to a privately owned course near Bugtussle that is open to the public.
- You can volunteer to help maintain and improve the course located on the church grounds. Grass needs mowing, goals and tees need maintenance, and improvements require lots of effort. Call the church to connect with the disc golf club.
- Donations are appreciated to help improve the course with new goals, signs, t-pads and all the other things that make a course fun to play.
Reconciliation Ministry Outreach
If you have a conflicted relationship and wonder how to approach the other party, call Pastor, 918-916-4469. That’s what this ministry is for – helping people through relationship problems. He is trained to coach you and it’s fully confidential. Please try it on a small matter so you can recommend it to your friends suffering in conflict. That is the outreach aspect of this program. We’re investing much time and money in this valuable service to please use it.
Grief Ministry Cares for Neighbors
God can use you to care for the grieving. If you have a friend, neighbor, co-worker, or casual acquaintance that loses a family member to death, you can pick up a 4 part grief support booklet packet from pastor to use with that person/family. Pastor will help you with instructions, which are simply to mail a booklet with a note at four (4) different times to the grieving person. We supply sample notes. This is an area where we each develop ways to support others and receive it.
- You can help our food bank by contributing canned and dry packaged food items. Just bring them by the church during office hours or call ahead to have someone meet you there.
- The Eagle Hill Disc Golf course is on the church grounds, providing a recreational resource for the public with 18 holes. It is especially helpful for young people that need a place to gather and do something fun.
- His Place Community Center is on the grounds of the church, right at our property entrance to Hwy. 31 exit road. It is available to the public for a small rental fee to defray utility and cleaning expense. Community groups meeting regularly at His Place include: Al-anon, Taking Off Pounds Sensibly, Amazing Trinity Youth, and Thrivent Financial Southeast Chapter. Lord’s Cavalry church also meets there Sunday mornings. Check with them for current activities and worship time. Contact the church for more information.